Do You Want To Fast This Lent?
Fast - from hurting words and say kind words.
Fast – from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
Fast – from anger and be filled with patience.
Fast – from pessimism and be filled with hope.
Fast – from worries and have trust in God.
Fast – from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
Fast – from pressure and be prayerful.
Fast – from bitterness and fill your heart with joy.
Fast – from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
Fast – from grudges and be reconciled.
Fast – from words and be silent so you can listen.
Mass Intentions for next weekend – February 24/25, 2018
Saturday: 4:00 PM – Thomas Shimko (Family)
Sunday: 8:30 AM - Elizabeth Connolly (Frank Langan & Family)
11:00 AM – Parishioners of St. Ann Basilica Parish
7:00 PM – Anthony & Josie Citrano (Elizabeth & Michael Cruciani & Sons)
What’s New ????
· Stations of the Cross: Every Friday night after the 7:00 PM Mass in the upper Basilica.
· Noon Mass: A noon Mass has been added every Tuesday thru Friday during Lent. The full schedule is 8:30 AM , 12 Noon and 7:00 PM.
· Road to Resurrection: This week at St. Ann Basilica on Thursday, February 22nd, at 7:00 PM in the upper Basilica. Preacher is Very Reverend Richard Burke, C.P.
· Lenten Concert with Tatiana “Tajci” Cameron: Come join us on Sunday, February 25th at 3:00 PM in the Basilica. This gripping drama of the Crucifixion translates the life experiences of this talented artist into a unique interpretation of Jesus’ words from the Cross.
· Confirmation Parent Meeting: Parents of children receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Ann Basilica in the 2019-2020 academic year are required to attend a meeting on Wednesday, February 28th at 6:30 PM in the Shrine Dining Room. We will be discussing preparation for the sacrament. Any questions, please call 570-903-8408.
· First Penance: First Penance will take place on Saturday, March 3rd, at 11:00 AM in the upper Basilica. Children and families should arrive no later than 10:40 AM to the upper church.
· Bible Study with Brother Joe: Join us on Tuesday, March 6th at 7:00 PM in the St. Gabriel’s Room to discuss the 1st and 2nd books of Samuel. For details call, 570-347-5691.
· Roundwoods Senior Citizens: Next meeting is on Tuesday, February 27th, at 1:00 PM in the Shrine Dining Room. New members welcome.
· St. Ann Book Club: We will be meeting on Wednesday, February 21st at 6:00 PM in the St. Ann’s Room. We will be discussing, “The Gift of Simplicity: Heart, Mind, Body, Soul,” by Brother Victor-Antoine D’Avila-Latourrette. We welcome new members.
· Prayer Line: For information or prayer
requests, call Carol at 562-3745.
· Legion of Mary: Meeting on Mondays in the
Shrine Center at 6:30 PM. All are welcome to
join. Call Dori at 343-7373.
All Around Town :